Thursday, October 9, 2014

Basil Tomato Quinoa Salad



I've been making a lot of quinoa salads lately, partially because I've fallen in love with quinoa and partially because it doesn't make my husband's blood sugar spike like pasta and rice. This Basil Tomato Quinoa Salad from Marathon Mama was one of the first ones I tried. It is so, so delicious, and so, so easy to make, you should definitely try it. And I think if you're new to quinoa this is an especially good salad for you to get your feet wet with. Because of delicious and easy.

Basil Tomato Quinoa Salad (from Marathon Mama
(I made a few very minor changes)

2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
2 cups tomatoes, chopped (I seeded mine)
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used 4 tablespoons)
dash of maple syrup (I left this out)
dash of coarse salt

Combine everything in a medium bowl until mixed well.

Makes about 6 1-cup servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...