Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Drying Silpat Mats

I mentioned in my latest post that we are moving. As of today, I've got 8 days and a wake-up before our first moving day (we are going to live in a townhouse until our house is built). With just over a week to finish packing up my house I've not done much (any) cooking; other than spaghetti and a fantastic crock-pot recipe a friend sent me, we've been eating out a lot (which is getting very old, very fast).

So, without a new recipe to post, I wanted to share this with you. Remember when I finally figured out how to store my Silpat mats? But drying them has still been an issue. They are so floppy! Well, the other night I was doing dishes, and in a fit of frustration, I did this:



Problem solved! I may have squealed a little. And jumped up and down.

And since you're going to get to come along for the crazy ride we're starting, here is the first picture of our house-building adventure:


It's an excavator! Digging a GIANT hole that the magic of construction will turn into our basement. This was very exciting--we started this whole thing back at the beginning of May, and we are finally getting into the building part. Whoo-hoo! Now, if I can survive the packing and moving, it will all be awesome...lol... ;)

4 comments:

  1. You can also dry them by rolling them up with a dish cloth. It is a handy trick my mother-in-law taught me. :) Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your drying technique. I agree about those Silpats being floppy! They're floppier than pancakes in a breeze. A couple of times I've even resorted to hanging them up on pants hangers to dry; you know the kind of plastic hangers that come from the store, with the two clips? When they're finally dry (they seem to take a long time!) I store mine the same way you do, rolled up in cardboard tubes. *Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You know, there have been times I've looked around for something I could clip them too, but I don't have anything that would work in my kitchen ;) And Thanks for the well wishes :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...