Monday, May 14, 2012

Cookies & Cream Ice Cream


I know I said Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake would be my next post, but I had to use my new toy right away! I asked my kids what I should make for our first ice cream and Cookies & Cream was the unanimous choice (fairly amazing, actually). I used the basic vanilla recipe that came with the ice cream maker and then added crushed Oreo's when the ice cream was almost ready.

The results? My new Cuisinart ice cream maker worked like a dream, and made the ice cream in 25 minutes. Thrilled! And the ice cream itself was fantastic! So, so delicious. Creamy and just sweet enough, and none of the extra ingredients you'll find in most commercial ice creams. I could maybe stand to have it be a little less rich (though my husband wholeheartedly disagreed), so I might fiddle with the whole milk/heavy cream ratio a little.

And I have to confess, for $23.99 at Costco with the current $9-off coupon, I bought another one today. So I could make two different flavors at a time. Just in case. If the need were to arise. Heehee.

Cookies & Cream (adapted from the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker cookbooklet)
printable recipe

1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup crushed oreo cookies

1. Whisk together the whole milk and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the heavy cream and vanilla, and freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Add the Oreo's during the last 5 minutes of freezing.

2. Serve immediately for a softer ice cream, or pack into a plastic container with a lid and let harden in your freezer.

Makes about 1 1/2 quarts ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...