Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Corn Pudding

This recipe for this corn pudding comes from a super lady who has been my friend since our freshman year of high school (how long that's been will not be discussed). It's a family recipe, passed down from her grandma, and my friend makes it whenever they have a big family get-together. After reading her posts about it on Facebook I finally asked her for the recipe. I'd never heard of corn pudding and my curiosity was piqued.

OK, I was a little scared, too. I mean, corn pudding could be anything, right?


Turns out this corn pudding was moist, creamy, just sweet enough, and delicious...especially when drizzled with honey, which my friend said she doesn't do, but I just had to do. And I loved the super thin, crispy top. Yum.

Note: The batter will almost come to the top of your cooking dish, but it doesn't rise that much (it "puffs" more than "rises") so don't worry about it overflowing.

Corn Pudding (from Trista)
printable recipe

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled to warm
2 eggs, beaten
1 15-oz can cream-style corn
1 15-oz can corn, reserve half the liquid
1 box Jiffy corn mix
1 cup sour cream (I used light)

1. Heat your oven to 350. Spray an 8x8-in or 9x9-in pan, or 2-quart casserole with non-stick spray.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and eggs until combined well. Add the cream-style corn, regular corn, and reserved liquid, and mix well. Add the corn mix and sour cream, and mix well.

3. Turn the batter out into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm (with a spoon).

Serves 6-8 people.

6 comments:

  1. Where I come from in northern Minnesota, we call a variation of this scalloped corn! We never added Jiffy mix before though. I was just asking my mom to make some for Christmas, and I'm forwarding her this recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jut looks delicious. Comfort food times 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another Minnesotan and our family calls it "2 corn casserole" but we add we plop the sour cream across the top, then french fried onions, then top all of it with cheese. It is one of my favorite side dishes and I have promised our best friend's daughter I'll make it for her wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! My husband just showed me your blog...(he is your daughters math teacher). I am a contributor to a blog called Healthymomskitchen.com I am excited to follow your blog! The recipes I have already looked at look really yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been making this recipe for years. It is my husband's favorite!!! I am so glad that you put this on your website!! Try mexicorn for a different variation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, everyone! This is one of those dishes that makes me wonder what else I missed out on growing up :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...