Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes

I am not usually impressed by gimmicks. I'd even say almost never. But when I was at the grocery store last week and saw this spice pack, my immediate reaction was, "How clever!"

The spice pack--and included recipe card--was clever enough I bought this one for Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes and another one for Apple-Sage Pork Chops. Yes, I already have all the spices in the pack, but what if I didn't and wanted to try the recipe? Bottles of spices at my store are $4.00 on average and that can really add up if you have to buy several bottles. How many people don't try a new recipe because of this initial cost when they don't know if they'll even like it? This spice pack solves that problem by including pre-measured spices for the recipe on the back. All for $1.50. Yes, a gimmick, but an effective one. :)

Because the spices were all pre-measured this meal came together super fast. The end result wasn't extraordinary, but it was very tasty and very easy; an especially good meal for someone just starting out in the kitchen. And, of course, now I have the recipe card in my file for the next time I make it with my own spices.

Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes (adapted from McCormick)
Printable Recipe

2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon dry minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, about 2 lbs (my pkg was 2 1/2 lbs)
1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used 1 lb)

1. Heat your oven to 425, and line a 15X10 baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with non-stick spray.

2. Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and potatoes, and toss gently to coat well. Arrange the chicken and potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.

3. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (165 for dark meat on an instant-read thermometer), and the potatoes are tender and well browned; stir the potatoes 2 or 3 times while the cook.

Makes 4-6 servings.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That looks soooo good! I know it had to be bursting with flavor! I can just taste it now just by looking at it. Makes me want to go buy some spices and experiment. Thanks for sharing, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I left you a gift on my blog!

    http://tanjascupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I had a long, busy day, am starving, and your dinner photos aren't helping:) That spice packet is a great idea, especially in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this! I do have all of the spices, and would not have wanted to spend the $1.50.

    I also happen to have the potatoes and the chicken. Guess what is for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...