Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cookie Carnival: Walnut Mint Bars

This Walnut Mint Bar from Hershey's is the Cookie Carnival cookie-of-the-month for March. (Click here for the recipe.) I was so excited to make this recipe because I love chocolate and mint together, and the classic walnut-chocolate combination is always wonderful. Add the cream cheese and it was hard to imagine anything going wrong. And I was right--they were delicious. I decided to take a chance and make the recipe as is without any high-altitude adjustments, and they still worked perfect. That's always a good thing.

I did make a small change with what was supposed to be a chocolate drizzle. I must have beaten the cream cheese mixture too long because a ton of tiny bubbles came to the surface of the bars and cooked into the top giving them an ugly, pitted look. To cover up the pits I spread the chocolate over the entire top. Perfect!



4 comments:

  1. I too spread the entire top with the drizzle...delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, when I initially took mine out of the oven, they were browned in some spots and they had huge puffs of air bubbles on the surface! Once they sat and cooled however, they flattened out. Yours look gorgeous Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one will argue with a little bit more chocolate spread over the whole bar :-) They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tessa, LOL! That was my thinking as well...the more chocolate the better, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...