Monday, January 11, 2010

Chocolate Rocks

They look like something you'd pull out of your kids' pockets, but they are much sweeter than that. These chocolate rocks are one of my favorite decorations for fun occasion cakes. And let me tell you, when your elementary school-age kid pulls a small bag of these out of their lunch box, they become a superstar in the lunchroom ;)

These candies are just like milk chocolate M&M's, just in the shape of rocks. My grocery store sells them in their candy aisle for about $5.00 for a 12 oz package, and I've also ordered them from Fiesta Candy Company.

Here I've use the chocolate rocks to make an "S" on Sophie's 6 year-old Island Volcano Birthday Cake, and to randomly decorate the volcano and beach. Aren't they cute? They are such a super touch, and kids always want to make sure they get a piece of cake with "rocks" on it.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen these before! What fun! I just bet they would be a hit in the lunchroom! My grocery store does not carry them, so I guess I better look up the Fiesta Candy Co.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...