Thursday, September 24, 2009

Balsamic Green Beans with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta

My sister says balsamic vinegar makes everything, "Mmmm", and she's right. I first had these green beans when she made them for a family Thanksgiving dinner and I was instantly in love with them. She made them with a bottled light balsamic vinegar dressing, but I changed it to a simple oil and vinegar dressing when I made them. I don't like lots of sauce or dressing on anything (except for the sauce on Kneader's Raspberry Bread Pudding--O.M.G.), so I made the dressing with 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Feel free to increase the amounts to your liking.

A note about the sun dried tomatoes. I don't use the tomatoes packed in oil, or the hard-as-a-rock dried ones. I buy the tomatoes that are soft and chewy, almost like a dried apricot. And I don't soak them first; they are perfect and ready to use right out of the package.

Balsamic Green Beans with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
Printable Recipe

1 lb thin green beans
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook them until they are bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes (it might take longer if you use thicker beans).

2. Drain the beans and rinse them with cold water until they're chilled.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.

4. Add the cold beans, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese; toss gently to coat all of the ingredients with the dressing. Serve cold.

This makes 6-8 side dish servings.

1 comment:

  1. Tiff I am definitely trying these. They have all of my favorite ingredients in them! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...